Thursday, September 12, 2013

Somethings are just better simple









Cartoons are everywhere. In truth this is the best time EVER to get into and start doing cartoons or animation. The web made it possible for everyone to start there own animation and cartoon company. No longer is distribution is a problem. No longer is printing costs a problem. Even the technical issues of shooting animation no longer exists. I remember having to go to the School of Visual arts animation room to do my pencil test and if you wanted to color that was a whole process. Now Flash and After Effects took care of that whole issue. However, one thing I would like to go back in time is the style of animation. But alas, its not just me alone. Cheerios just launched a new ad campaign and new Rocky and Bullwinkle spin off of Mr. Peabody will be released by Dreamworks in 2014. So if you want to get a pulse of where style is going, look no further. I have no doubt that my kids will be asking to me to buy "poodle" skirts and bowling shoes very soon. Gadzooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment